Family Counseling Services in Chicago, IL
Families are the context in which we live satisfied and fulfilling lives, and where we face many challenges as well. Relationships with our closest loved ones need to grow, adapt and respond to life’s curve balls. While working with the whole family, we can help with: parenting differences, communication between parents and children; behavioral challenges in children and how best to approach them, choosing a religious tradition or navigating between two and difficulty agreeing to boundaries with in-laws.
Request an appointment with one of our experienced family therapists today and take the first step towards a happier, healthier, family dynamic.
Your Leading Family Therapists in Chicago
Compassionate Counseling for Family Issues
At Integrative Psychotherapy Associates, we specialize in helping families overcome a wide range of challenges. Our team of experienced therapists is here to provide support and guidance as you navigate difficult issues such as:
- Separation and divorce: Going through a major family change such as a separation or divorce can be incredibly painful and stressful for families. Our therapists can help you work through the emotional challenges that come with these transitions before, during and after the separation.
- Child and adolescent learning or behavioral problems: If your child is struggling in school or exhibiting challenging behavior, our therapists can help identify underlying issues, develop a plan for addressing them, and refer you to other skilled specialists.
- Parenting challenges: Raising children is one of life's greatest joys and creates extraorinary demands. Our therapists can help you navigate common parenting challenges such as discipline, sibling rivalry, and setting limits such as managing screen time.
- Alienation/loss of closeness: Whether it's between spouses or between parent and child, relationship issues can strain even the strongest bonds. Our therapists can help you identify the root causes of these disconnections and provide tools for resolving conflicts,improving communication and drawing families closer
- Religious and spiritual concerns: For many families, religion and spirituality are important aspects of their lives. Our therapists are equipped to help you navigate any challenges that may arise related to these beliefs or to having more than one faith tradition within a family
- Problems at work or school: The stresses of life make their way into families our therapists can help you develop coping strategies and identify solutions to problems that are affecting your family's well-being.
- Dealing with illness/Tending to older relatives : When a family member becomes ill, it is difficult for everyone involved. Our therapists can provide support and guidance as you navigate the emotional and practical challenges that come with caring for a loved one.
No matter what challenges your family is facing, Integrative Psychotherapy Associates is here to support you. Contact us today to learn more about our family counseling services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is family counseling?
Family counseling is a type of therapy that focuses on improving the communication and relationships within a family unit. During family counseling sessions, a therapist will work with family members collectively to identify areas of conflict or concern and develop strategies for resolving them.
Do you offer virtual family counseling near me?
Yes! Integrative Psychotherapy Associates is pleased to offer virtual family counseling sessions, often with same-day or same-week appointments. You can access our services from anywhere with an internet connection. We strive to make quality mental health care accessible and convenient for all families.
Who can benefit from family counseling?
Anyone who is experiencing conflicts, communication issues or loss of closeness and connection within their family can benefit from family counseling. This includes parents, children, spouses, or other individuals who are part of the family unit.
Therapy can help families learn how to better communicate with each other, understand one another’s feelings and resolve their differences in a healthy way. It is also helpful for managing mental health challenges such as depression, anxiety, trauma-related symptoms, substance abuse problems, and the way those impact relationships within the family unit.
How can I get started with a family counselor near me?
Getting started is easy! You can call our office, request an appointment, or pick a time for a free 15-minute consultation with one of our intake specialists.